Thursday, January 06, 2005

Pastor's Message

Last night our pastor was hitting on some things that I’ve been feeling that God wants me to straighten out with myself for the past few months. One specific topic was how we have to speak and believe success. You have to speak success into your life and believe that God wants you to be successful (and don’t limit your success with God). We tend to speak doubt and unbelief into our lives, i.e. saying “I can’t afford blah, blah, blah…”, “I don’t think that can happen for me…” etc. I know personally, I have to work on substituting my saying with things like, “I know God will provide for me, so I don’t worry about it” or something like that. My pastor also said that we must defend our situations with the Word of God, and I know I’m working on that as well. I pray that God increases my memory to remember all these verses of survival, cuz my memory needs the Lords help!

Oh, he also talked about how it was hard for Jesus to perfom miracles in his own town because the people knew Jesus when He was in the flesh and they weren't familiar with Him being of the Spirit. The Book says that the Healer and the sick must both believe in what God can do for them.

BTW, I woke up at 5:10.

No comments: