Friday, January 21, 2005

A $4-Day!

I had four dollars to my name yesterday, (shhhh) and my hubby wasn't feeling well, so he sent me to the store to buy Pepto. I went and saw that they had some eyeliner, mascara, etc. that was 50% off, so of course I went looking through them. I had several coupons to use for certain types of purchases. By the time I went to the counter, and the lady rang everything up, the total was $23, then by the time she deducted my coupons, I walked out with everything for $3.78! (BTW, this was good Revlon stuff: foundation, eyeliner, mascara, etc.)
-->Thank You Lord.<--

_______________________________________________
I found this in an old email and I want to post:

Your response to each assignment, determines what He will do next for you.

If you are going to be of no use to Him on Earth, he can take you home at any time.

It’s not what you want to do for Him, it’s what He wants to do through you.

Every element of our own self-reliance must be put to death by the power of God. The moment we recognize our complete weakness and our dependence upon Him will be the very moment that the Spirit of God will exhibit His power.

He may choose to leave you in a difficult situation to see whether or not you’ll remain faithful.

There comes a point in your life when the Lord opens your eyes to understand what the Christian life was meant to be. It isn’t just going to heaven when you die; it’s dying to self on Earth and allowing Him to live through you.

The burden of service dissipates and the Spirit will carry you into the Father’s perfect will.

What has the Holy Spirit done through you today?

“Father thank You for the immeasurable gift of Your Holy Spirit. I now yield and surrender all of my life to Him and His working of Your will in me and through me. Thank You Father for hearing me and immediately responding. You are the Master and I am the servant. Your servant is ready to obey.”
________________________________________________


“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.” (Galatians 6:7 and 8)


No comments: