Thursday, January 20, 2005

Birthing the D R E A M

Last night in church my pastor was out of town so another of our pastors spoke (T), and he was talking about how to fulfill your dreams. It was such a good sermon! I know that sermon was for me (I know, I know... everyone says that). He talked about the principles for birthing your dreams and visions. The dreams and visions are tools that God uses to shape your life. We must remember that for every word you get from God, there's an assignment from hell to try and stop you. Big dreams must be birthed out of a carrier, and if God has chosen you, you must be obedient, or He will choose someone else. Our problem is that we aren't testing God, we need to tell God, that if this is the dream He has given us, we need Him to make a way for us and we will be obedient. Your dreams and visions cannot be birthed out without the pains of disappointment and vulnerability. You need BOLDNESS and to get over the "Fear Factor." The bigger the chance of failure, the greater the reward of success. The value of your dream is determined by the price you pay. We must verbalize that, "God's going to do this for me," and "I'm believing God for that."

A fortune cookie that I opened the other day states: "Some people never have anything except ideas. Go do it."

Another fortune cookie that I opened this week states: "Don't be afraid to take that big step."

Hey what can I say... I've been on a Chinese-food kick lately :)


“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.” (James 1:2 and 3)

No comments: