Saturday, January 08, 2005

Hearing God's Voice

I was at the seminar waiting for it to start and I felt this overwhelming desire to sit by a lady to talk with her. I thought about it and felt that if I did not go speak to her, this would be on my mind and I will feel bad about it all day. So I told my friend who I was sitting next to, that I had to go sit next to this lady and meet her. I got up, sat next to her, introduced myself and started a conversation. She (Leslie) was telling me that her younger daughter had a rare kidney disease and her older daughter donated a kidney to help her. She was kind of shocked about how the whole sickness started because she said that her younger daughter was healthy and her sickness happened out of the blue. When she finished her story, she was saying that she always tells people about her daughter and she doesn't know why, because she doesn't want to depress people. I told her while I was listening to her story I heard a few opportunities for her to say "...thank God I took her to the hospital when I did or thank God my older daughter was a match with the kidney, etc." but she didn't. Basically she can use the story as a testimony. Well we wrapped up our conversation, went through the seminar and at the very end before we left, she told me when she was praying, God told her that she is supposed to use her story as a testimony and she needs to stop worrying if something else bad is going to happen. She thanked me for talking with her and I felt good. Maybe I did hear God when I went to go speak to Leslie.

I spoke with two people from the PM and they said that as they were praying for me, God told them that I was a "Planner and Preparer" and God was kind of tickled by that. I thought that was kind of cute.

As I am writing this, Joe called and told me that I need to get back on the radio to give some people a run for their money. Funny. I'm ready if he'll be my manager! He said he would. I felt God was stamped all over that call!

BTW, John Legend's album is completly AWESOME!


“ Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the LORD God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the LORD God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph. ” (Amos 5:14 and 15)

1 comment:

heathern.b said...

Hi there, would you mind giving me the knowledge to include music on my blog please? I would appreciate it, I'm at heatherb1207@gmail.com thanks!!