Monday, May 16, 2005

I Get It!

I was reading a book for my Praise class and there was a section in there that talked about how there are times in everyone's life where you feel God calling you toward Him. The author used the analogy of how birds instinctively know when to fly south for the winter. It's that calling in them that gets them to fly south. As far as humans, our spirit has a call to seek/get closer to God. As I was reading the story, it made so much sense. From what I remember, it was about this time last year that I felt like something needed to speak to my spirit. It was a very small calling... one that I misinterpreted as, "a dead relative or someone on the other side had a message for me." I know, sounds weird, but that's the only way I can describe it. It's just a feeling that you have in your spirit that you can't explain.
“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17)

No comments: