Thursday, December 30, 2004

Giddy Over God!

In church when Pastor was wrapping up he asked whoever is going to Bible College and Seminary that need financial assistance to raise their hand. I raised my hand, however, I was not chosen. Though I wasn’t chosen, I was celebrating with the three people that were. I was also thinking, it just wasn’t my time, but my time is coming. He asked that whoever raised their hands and were not selected to repeat a prayer after him. I repeated the prayer of God knowing my heart and helping me financially to get through Bible College. When he dismissed the congregation, I turned to walk out and a lady approached me and asked if I was serious about going to Bible College. I told her that I was. She said that if I were serious then she would pay for me to go! My mouth dropped and I hugged and thanked her. She said that God had told her to pay for me to go to school. We went to the registration table and she wrote a check out for my first month, gave me all her contact numbers and email address and told me that she was depending on me to let her know when the next tuition is due. I gave her a great big hug told her “thank you for listening to God.”

As she walked out of the church, I turned with tears in my eyes to walk through the sanctuary and I saw my pastor. I walked toward him to tell of the great thing that just happened (my eyes are now streaming with tears). He asks me to come over to him and I can’t even get a word out. He asks what’s wrong and I told him that I was crying because I was happy. He said “Well praise God. You know I saw you over there with your hand up for a scholarship, and I’m going to take care of you.” I told him, “Well that’s what I’m here to tell you, someone has taken care of my scholarship.” He was happy, I was even more happy, so on and so on. He also told me that God has brought me to this church for a reason and he was going to help me fulfill what God wants me to do. He said God has BIG plans for you and I’m going to hire you at this church.

My pastor is such a blessing, and I know he knows that, but it’s always good to tell him. I believe that’s what keeps him ‘LIFTED.’ To God and the World Wide Web, I would like to truly thank Ms. J.J. for listening to God when He speaks and for working to equip the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ (Eph 4:12).

No comments: