Friday, October 07, 2005

When am I going to share my minivan hunting story?

I had been actively emailing dealers from the tri-state areas to see what’s the best deal I can get. If you have a chance, please check out this Edmunds forum, it’s the best. So in Georgia, I found a guy who is pretty competitive with his prices. At the time I was looking for a 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE, package 8 which comes with all the bells and whistles of the DVD & Navigation system, sun/moonroof, heated passenger’s seat, 4 disc in-dash player, 2 wireless headphones, etc). Well all of this was for $33,300. The guy even included ToyoGuard Plus & mats (is TG a big deal?). What's ToyoGuard? Well now, I’ve contacted a guy my sister used to date in Florida and he offered me the top of the line XLE Limited package 3 for $33,600 (plus TTL). Now I’m not sure if that’s an out-the-door price or what, but when I contacted the other dealers I was negotiating with, it got really ugly. One guy in Miami was yelling at me. What’s that about?

Anyway...
I did my homework is this is what I found that the same vehicle is going for:


Now... let's just look at the invoice side and deduct the Destination Charge, then we are left with $35,485. That's where I'm negotitating from! The XLE Limited is $6K higher than the XLE, so to only pay $1K more is a great deal! I attempted to tell my husband all of this stuff and he just said that I was speaking Chinese to him. He said that I was a good enough negotiator that he trusts my final decision. Awww, that's so great. Now that I think about it, I should have negotiated for his truck in 2000 when he bought it. I thank God it's finally paid for, as of last month! Whew-whooo.


“O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.” (Psalm 63:1)

No comments: