Thursday, October 20, 2005

Another Beautiful Day!

Last night in church, my pastor talked about the keys to negotiating. Wow, what valuable information it was! He talked about the book of Joshua where Rahab hides the two spies and then puts in her request for them to save her family. He broke down how her negotiating skills played a role and how we need to learn to negotiate, especially when God tells us that something is ours. He used some examples on getting a job and a better salary offer… I’ll be sure to use that on him. LOL.

Okay, so it’s 11:30 am and I haven’t heard back from my Toyota friend in O-town on an OTD price. I’m going to give him until 2:30 then I’m calling him J. I have a strange anxiousness about this. I don’t know why, because I know I’ll have the 10K to put down and I know that he’ll offer me a fair price, and I also know that regardless, I need a minivan. I guess the idea of having a new vehicle after 11 years is exciting! That’s it. I’ll get back to you with a price.
Oh did I tell you that after emptying out me and my kids piggy banks, we have a final count of $1100!

4:30 pm Update: I spoke with my guy at Toyota. He's going to give me an XLE limted with Package#3 (highest package on the Limited) for $37K. With their $600 dealer fee (or what they call the service & handling fee) plus $200 tag fee and tax, my final price is $40,126.11. Okay... I don't know about you, but $40K for a minivan, I would typically say "Heck No," but for some really strange reason, I feel okay with it. Like... do I have a total concept of what 40,000 dollars is? Or is it that I'm really okay with this?



“Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” (Psalm 51:12)



No comments: