Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Lord's Dealings

I haven't been doing a very good job with keeping you updated with the things that the Lord is dealing with me on. One VERY BIG THING is the way that I talk to some people. It's not so much the way I talk to them as it is HOW I talk. I have a way of telling people EXACTLY what I'm thinking with a smile or a little chuckle at the end. Whereas, I just need not to say anything at all. I'm trying to think of an example so I can be a bit more clear. I've been able to catch a few times on television where Victoria Osteen would say that she is very strong-headed at times and says what's on her mind, etc. She says that as time goes on, she getting a lot better with not saying too much that some people may take offense to, or just replying a bit differently with a more mutual thought. It's not as bad as it seems from reading this. Here's an example from last year:
I was at work, in the bathroom, after lunch, brushing my teeth. A co-worker comes in a asks, "I know what you're doing, but why are you brusing your teeth?" Let's pause for a second, and let me ask you, what would you say?
I told her that you are supposed to brush your teeth at least three times a day and proceeded to ask her how many times does she brush her teeth? Well looking back, I should not have asked her that, I should have just left it at the informational response.
Anyway, without a lot of examples to explain this claim, it's getting useless... so let just say that I'll be working on my questions and answers for the rest of this year.


“The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.” (Psalm 121:7,8)

No comments: