Saturday, June 04, 2005

Day Spa

I went to our church's Day Spa today. They had pampering things there like massages, facials, makeovers, pedicures, manicures, etc. and I took my mother-in-law as a guest. The very best part of it was the "Special Treatment" room, where you would get your feet washed and anointed while being prayed over and then end with communion. And... since I don't pass a moment for highly anointed people to pray for me, I participated. A kind young woman prayed for me (Jan B.). While Jan was praying, God revealed a lot of things that were confirmation for me. She said that God will use me in the spotlight because He knows that I am not prideful; she said that people will come against me to challenge me, but I will not be moved, because I will be confident; I will be an Ambassador for the Lord; I will do a lot of traveling from place to place being His Ambassador; I will be dressed in a suit (ut oh... I love sneakers!); the Lord is preparing me with training (it's safe to assume seminary school); and some other things that I can't remember off the top right now. After she prayed for me, I went to the alter for communion and an anointed prayer minister there said that God is trying to get me attention because He wants so desperately to talk to me, and I told her, I was so desperately trying to hear from Him. It is just such a beautiful feeling when you hear from god or have other people pray for you and they give you messages from God. It just gives you a feeling you can’t explain. Can’t wait until the next one! Thank you.

****Look what I found on "Ambassador"
In the Old Testament the Hebrew word _tsir_, meaning "one who goes on an errand," is rendered thus (Josh. 9:4; Prov. 13:17; Isa. 18:2; Jer. 49:14; Obad. 1:1). This is also the rendering of _melits_, meaning "an interpreter," in 2 Chr. 32:31; and of _malak_, a "messenger," in 2 Chr. 35:21; Isa. 30:4; 33:7; Ezek. 17:15. This is the name used by the apostle as designating those who are appointed by God to declare his will (2 Cor. 5:20; Eph. 6:20). The Hebrews on various occasions and for various purposes had recourse to the services of ambassadors, e.g., to contract alliances (Josh. 9:4), to solicit favours (Num. 20:14), to remonstrate when wrong was done (Judg. 11:12), to condole with a young king on the death of his father (2 Sam. 10:2), and to congratulate a king on his accession to the throne (1 Kings 5:1). To do injury to an ambassador was to insult the king who sent him (2 Sam. 10:5).


“Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.” (1 Chronicles 29:11) 

No comments: