Sunday, March 13, 2005

First Service In New Church & My Prayer Language

We had our very first church service today in the new church. It was very exciting. This was also the first day of my prayer ministry. That went well too.
Though it went well, I know that I have a lot of growing to do and one of the things that I know the Lord is dealing with me on, is studying the Word more and really getting it down in my spirit so that I can regurgitate it when praying for people.

Prayer Language
I was on my way to seminary school tonight and just as soon as I turned on my radio, I turned it off. I felt a strong need to just spend some time with God and to just thank Him for all that He is doing and for everything that He has done.

At seminary, we had a guest talking on the holy spirit's prayer language and he was sharing stories of how he would travel and baptize people in the Holy Spirit. Naturally I thought he would like to do it here as well, but as I later found out... this was not his plan.

It was our first break, and I was so excited from hearing his stories, so I went up to meet him and said, "Hi, my name is Thais and I want to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit." He looked a little taken-back, like this was not a part of his plans. He hesitatingly said that he'd consider it, but he doesn't think that this is something that he can do today. So I just told him thank you with a huge smile and walked back to my seat.

After break, he annouced that someone had mentioned he do the baptism of the holy spirit and he's sorry, but he won't be able to. Then the entire class began to cheer him on and clapping and apparently that's the confirmation that he needed because before long, we were lined up alongside the stage. He had the people that needed to be baptized up front and people that needed refilling behind them.

He asked us to close our eyes, be open to receiving the holy spirit and just begin moving our tongues; we also had to remember that receiving the holy spirit it not natural, it's supernatural, so it will feel very different. Anyway, I did as he said with an open and willing heart and when he touched his hand on my forehead, I felt myself saying whatever he was saying, almost like we were talking in unison. When he moved on to the next person, I noticed that I wasn't talking nearly as fast as he was when he was touching me, but still speaking my prayer language. He went up and down the line three times on when he touched me for the third time, he told me to let loose. I knew what he was talking about. I felt like I was fighting my flesh...not in the disbelief of speaking in tongues, but in the disbelief of the fact that I was speaking in tongues. I noticed that of all the words I was saying, the word "cor'eh'say" came up more than any other. My prayer language sounds like a beautiful mixture of Italian and Latin.

It's funny, because when I was sitting in class before it got started, I had the desire to read 1 Corinthians 14. Guess what that talks about? Prophecy and Tongues.

I read the entire passage, but 1-5 is my favorite: Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.


“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)

No comments: