Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Obeying God

Last night I was studying for my Biblical Finances class and as I was reading over ‘giving to people’ I felt in my spirit the Lord wanting me to give $20 cash, to someone at my job. I immediately agreed and then I messed up and thought about it. Here’s what I was thinking: We all get paid at work tomorrow, he’ll already have money; he doesn’t seem like he’s in need of something as small as $20; well I don’t have $20 cash, I only have $15 on me. All of those thoughts, to me were valid excuses; but then I thought, how many people make excuses when God tells them to do something and miss out on their own blessings? Anyway, the questions were only raised for about two minutes, when I made up in my heart that I was going to be silent and obey the Lord. I then asked him how should I give this guy the money; in an envelope, in his hand, how? God said in an envelope with a note, so then of course my next question was what do I put on the paper? I didn’t get an answer on that until the next morning driving to work, to which it was “Jesus Love You. He Cares.” I asked my husband for $5, added it to my $15 and did what I was supposed to do.

I left the envelope in an area around the guys work space where he would see it. He came to me a few hours later and thanked me and said that when he opened it, he had to hold back tears.

“I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.” (Psalm 116:1-2)

No comments: