Thursday, December 07, 2006

Just Asking

So I have this friend that called me this morning and asked what I was doing. I told her that I was listening to the Tom Joyner Morning Show to try and win one million dollars. She asked me how, so I gave her all the instructions, the first cash call number I had and all the envelope numbers that she can choose from. I shared with her the envelope number that I wanted to pick as well. At this time, I am gathering my kids up to take them to school and I tell my friend I will have to talk to her later, I can't talk to her in my van, because it routes the call in the speakers and I won't be able to hear the radio. Minutes go by and while I am listening for the cash call numbers, my friend calls in. I'm pissed, because I told her that I canNOT talk and listen to the radio, because it won't let me. So I pick up the phone and she asks for the second number. I asked her, "weren't you listening!!????" I can't pull over and look for the numbers right now, I'm trying to listen for the next cash call number and your interrupting my radio." So I hung up, and yes, she had the rude nerves to call me back. Now let's pause for a minute. This tells me that she's thinking, "if I don't have the second number, then I don't care what other numbers you don't hear."

Okay, let's continue: so I'm ignoring her calls and I get all the numbers. I don't get through to the line, but the caller that did get through picked the same number that I had in mind. She lost. So I called my friend, and we were laughing at the fact that my envelope only had a $100 in it and not the million. So I asked her, what envelope would she pick and she refused to tell me. I felt offended. Maybe I should not have, but I figured: 1. It's just a speculation; 2. I have my own envelope number in mind (other than the one that wasn't the winner); 3. I shared all the information I knew to get you in the game, the least you can do is tell me what your speculations are. Or at the very least, tell me that you'll tell me after they find a winner. But don't just flat out tell me "No!" With an attitude, like I'm going to call Tom Joyner and give him your number. AND if I was, I would have the courtesy to share the money with you.

I told my friend that I was not going to try to persuade my reasons on her as to why she should tell me what envelope number she THOUGHT was the winner, and it wasn't worth what it was turning into, and I know where her heart is. So we left it at that.

Okay, now think about your opinion of my feeling on the situation (should I have felt offended), and should my friend have told me her number given the fact that I shared all that information with her to get her in the game.

Now, is your response the same if "the friend" was my sister?



“Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies” (John 11:25)

No comments: