Monday, October 23, 2006

My Fourth Day Test!

So I was done with my shopping at Wal-Mart, got in my van and was driving down the right side of the aisle to leave. Out of NO WHERE, comes a pick-up truck that made it VERY OBVIOUS they were going to back out of their parking space without giving an ounce of care as to whether someone was just a half-car away from being behind them. So I brake and have a confused look on my face, thinking perhaps this person didn't see me coming because of the tint on the windows, but then...she backs up, barely enough to properly go around me on the left side, instead she is CLEARLY making a point to squeeze through me and the parked cars on the right, I noticed she was doing this, not to squeez through, but to make me backup. Oh boy, here it goes. This is the first opportunity I have to go ahead and let this arrogant woman get her wrong way, or sit there and see what she does next. So I chose the latter.

She begins waving her arms in the air, rolling her neck, and mouths, "I ain't got no where to go." She puts her truck in park and turns it off, now it's my turn...I put my van in park, turn it off, cross my arms, and smile! It is obvious that she is burning up, because she is yelling every curse word I know. I'm just sitting there with this smile thinking, "Lord, you've given me an interesting fourth day." I'm also thinking, "what is going on in her life that she would turn herself into such a monster from something so small; Look at that attitude; She is crazy, Ut oh she's getting out the truck." I'm sure from just reading my thoughts, you know that she then got out of the truck, she started yelling at the other Wal-Mart people sitting outside on their break telling them to get someone. So I'm still sitting there like I'm watching a movie, thinking how stupid has this whole thing become. I guess it's her two managers that come out, and the way the two vehicles are parked, it looks as if we crashed or something, so they are examining it from a distance and they see that nothing has happened, so one of the guys looks at her and says, "All you have to do is backup a little more and go out that way," she then says something else and the other manager gets in the truck, backs up and drives off. I start my van, drive up to her and the manager and said, "I'm sorry you had to become part of this pride fight, I guess she doesn't know how to drive a truck." Then I looked at her and told her to have a blessed day, she said for me to do the same.

I'm driving off thinking, what in the world was that all about, and how could I have avoided that? Huuummm, I handled it as best I could without cursing, talking back, getting out my van and acting up. I know the right thing to do was for me to just get out of her way, but JC has cleverly revealed to me another area that he's working on.



“Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2)

No comments: