Sunday, October 22, 2006

Just Got Back From An Emmaus Walk!

It was a very interesting Christian Camp get-a-way experience. Of all the great things I would like to say about the camp, I can tell you that you will have a full tummy and empty tear ducts every night! The camp touches your heart and emotions in such a way that kind of sneaks up on you and allows you to gently go places that one may have been procrastinating about in their Christian life. The camp allows you to explore a multitude of emotions from selflessness, fear, shame, love, amnity, pity, envy, kindness, anger, calmness, wonder, surprise, happiness, repentance, togetherness, appreciation, hope, desire, to the number one...agape!

A lot of what was going on was very encouraging to all of us attendees in all spectrums of our walk with Christ. Some of my favorites of many are Dying Moments, Candlelight, and Love Letters. What I got out of the walk was that people exemplified Christ's love for me so that I can take that and give love to the other people that I encounter.

It's interesting, because not too long ago I prayed and asked JC to show me more of Him, and by going to the Walk to Emmaus, I have seen his face in perfect strangers.


"A man finds joy in giving an apt reply— and how good is a timely word!" (Proverbs 15:23)

No comments: