Friday, February 10, 2006

Look what I found in 1 Samuel 14

Look what I found:

Okay, I was reading this today, and it reminded me of the time that I asked God for a rose if He wanted me to go back to school.

This story is in 1 Samuel 14, starting in verse eight.

Jonathan said, "Come, then; we will cross over toward the men and let them see us. If they say to us, 'Wait there until we come to you,' we will stay where we are and not go up to them. But if they say, 'Come up to us,' we will climb up, because that will be our sign that the LORD has given them into our hands."

So both of them showed themselves to the Philistine outpost. "Look!" said the Philistines. "The Hebrews are crawling out of the holes they were hiding in." The men of the outpost shouted to Jonathan and his armor-bearer, "Come up to us and we'll teach you a lesson." So Jonathan said to his armor-bearer, "Climb up after me; the LORD has given them into the hand of Israel."

Okay, so since then, I've been burning to ask another question, except this time I gave a word for Him to use someone to tell me. I told God that if He wanted me to be somewhere, then someone has to tell me this word directly by Sunday afternoon. I'll keep you posted.


“If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.” (1 Corinthians 13:1-3)

No comments: