Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'll let Pastor tell what happened last night

FROM THE DESK OF DR. RICHARD LEDFORD

God is on the move! Last night in our midweek service the Holy Ghost broke out in a powerful way. Praise and worship ushered in a tangible presence that was felt by all in the house. I tried three times to get everyone seated to begin my message and spontaneous praise broke out each time, after the third time men and women began to flood the altar area laying their offering before God. This was not encouraged but was a sovereign move of the Spirit of God.

After this demonstration of obedience I shared with the congregation that we had just paid off all of the bills for one of the single parents in our church. This single mother is the parent of three wonderful children and has been faithful to God through every trial she has weathered. She has the opportunity to have a home built for her by Habitat for Humanity but needed to get rid of all debt to qualify. As a church we stood with her and took care of this. God then directed me to give to a family in our church an almost brand new van that had been given to us. I asked for how many families we had that were tithers, faithful to God, and have more than four children, there were several. I moved that up to five and then six children and one couple stood out, I brought them onto the platform and surprised them by giving them this vehicle. The mother shared with us that she has been transporting the family around in a small Mazda and that this was truly a miracle for their family.

This is your time for a sudden miracle from God. I feel so strongly in my spirit that we are in a season of harvest in every area of our lives. What God did for those men and women last night is just a testimony that God is ready to do it for you. I encourage you to start believing right now that whatever you have been waiting on God to do that you begin to thank him today, in advance, for your breakthrough. God directed me in January to each month as a church stand with one single parent and pay off all of their debt. This is to encourage every family in our church that it is time for God to set us free from the inability to obey him without any restraints. It is harvest time and we cannot be burdened down during this season.

Sunday we saw almost 200 men and women get saved. I can hardly wait to see what God is going to do this week. I am writing you today to strengthen your faith that God has not forgotten about you. Know that what God has done for one he is capable of doing for all, get ready for your harvest. I look forward to seeing you this Sunday. Be blessed.

Dr. Richard N. Ledford II

“We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing.” (2 Thessalonians 1:3) 

No comments: