Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

I have had a very long, but good weekend. I was working with the church to get the CYP (College & Young Professionals) newsletter out by Friday. CHC via CYP had its first ever sermon off campus at FAMU. We printed the magazine in time to handout at the event! Saturday...humm, I don't remember; oh! I was home all day with the kids. Daddy took Zachary to get his haircut in the morning and Laila and I went outside so I can braid her hair for Easter. As long as I have been doing Laila's hair, I've never taken her outside to do it, but I wanted to give her a different scene while she patiently waited for me to finish. I must say...Laila has gotten so much better with her tolerating me braiding her hair. I didn't hear her say "OW" one time in the two hours I was pulling and tugging...and I braid tight too! I can't help it.

While we were outside, my neighbor came by to chit-chat. She noticed Laila was a tongue-thruster, so she immediately began giving me valueable information that I appreciated so very much. She told me that she was a tongue-thruster bad! She had to have $30,000 in reconstructive jaw surgery. She said that the thrusting causes the teeth AND the jaw to shift outward, which meant not only did her teeth look bad, but she was unable to properly chew her food and developed ulcers from the big chunks of food sitting in her stomach. She suggested that I take Laila to the orthodontist immediately. I thanked God that He brought her to me to share invaluable information. The stuff she shared with me are things that I would have found out going through the medical process with Laila. I know it was nothing but God that had my neighbor come over and talk with me; too many things fell into place: I have been living here for five years and that was my second time speaking with her, and that is the first time that she's met my daughter.


“Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.” (Romans 13:8)

No comments: