Monday, March 27, 2006

Kids are in the bed by 9:30

What in the world????

I finally got the kids in the bed at 9:30 after doing a non-stop routine of picking them up from school, going to the grocery store for some ready-to-eat whole chicken, get home, they wash their hands, I give Laila and banana and Zachary an apple, place them in front of the television to watch some nursery rhyme dvd, wash dishes, while I cook rice and corn-on-the-cob, play Memory cards with Laila, wash two loads of Zachary's clothes, give the kids a bath, get Zachary dressed (thank God Laila knows how to dress herself), feed them, taking special request songs like, "Mary Had a Little Lamb," "Wheels on the Bus," "Oh, Mister Sun," "Bumble Bee," "Twinkle, twinkle little star," and some "read your bible everyday song" Laila knew, and some others, all while folding Zachary's clothes (just one load), closing out his room by helping him to say his prayers, give him medicine and tucking him in the bed with a final kiss and hug, moving next-door to Laila's room to fold some of Laila's clothes that's been sitting on her bed waiting patiently for me since the weekend started, while having a 'mommy's-so-proud-of-you' talk, then listening to her say her prayers (thank God she knows how to say them--and she's quite good at it--). So I did all of this with NO ATTITUDE! It was amazing...prayer works...all praises to God, because that's usually my typical day after working eight hours, five days a week! Life has got to get better. Of course it does! Today was a perfect example. I don't know how single moms do it!!!!


“My salvation and my honor depend on God ; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.” (Psalm 62:7) 

No comments: