Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Just found out Tonex retired

Prayed for "R" tonight. Glad she is feeling much better. It's so amazing how prayer works for us.

Here's his blog entry from two months ago at blog.myspace.com/tonex: which he has now made for private viewing.
-------------------------------------
After long contemplation and much financial & emotional hardship I have decided that Tonex needs go on hiatus from the music industry. I have tried very hard to endure all that I can from being misunderstood to being down right lied on and I don’t physically or emotionally have the capacity to continue on anymore under the current circumstances. My record Label ZLG (Zomba Label Group) has repeatedly ignored my requests for help and they just don’t get me as an artist. But I’m not blaming them, it’s hard for anyone to really get me as an artist because I am not the normal type of artist. I bow out. And I don’t know when I’m coming back.

Honestly I don’t feel that I fit into anyone’s catergory but my own, but in a world that’s filled with labels, sections & catergories people can’t function if they can’t put you in a certain box.
I don’t fit totally into Gospel because I don’t sing JESUS JESUS JESUS all day and I don’t fit into mainstream because I don’t sing SEX SEX SEX all day either. I’m at a serious crossroads right now in life. And I don’t have the answers. I cried and cried and cried last night to God for help because I can’t go any further.

I’m not writing this so that people can feel sorry, I’m blogging my thoughts out. And I think I need to just bow out gracefully while I’m still on a fairly successful run off of OTB. I will continue to sell my projects online and things like that via YOTONEX but I think I need to just dissappear until I can find a place where I can live at least comfortably. Right now I am an 8 time Stellar Award winning , 2 time Dove award winning, Grammy nominated, Gold Selling artist with no furniture, Divorced, No chairs, No money. The label doesn’t give me advances because my contract a is real wack. And they don’t communicate.I don’t know what else to say world.

What’s funny is I still have people writing to me kicking me while I’m down. So now I say y’all can have it. Tonex will be out of your way once and for all. You win. Please congratulate Ex-Ministries, some Chick from England named Alexandria and a host of other so called Christians who have literally destroyed,defamated , embarrased and fatigue my life, my family and my spirit. I’m done y’all. Really. Sorry that I let some of you down but it wasn’t intentional. I don’t have ANY options right now so I have to do what I have to do which is “Nothing.”
They don’t even ask me what the real deal is but they use and twist my words for controversy sake to sell CD’s DVD’s and magazines. I had no idea Christians get down like this ????
-------------------------------------

God bless you Tonex, He is going to make another way for you.


“For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (2 Peter 1:5-8)

No comments: