Thursday, February 24, 2005

Feel Good Thursday

How can I start this off... hummm.
It was only two months ago that our house just randomly got ran into and now someone tries to break into our house. Well they actually succeeded, but the alarm scared them away. I distinctly remember praying this morning, asking God to protect our house and our vehicles today, while keeping the entire family protected as we went our separate ways. I asked that His angels be dispatched on every corner of our house while we were home and away.

Well I was called home by our alarm company about 2:45 p.m. and when I walked up to my door, guess what? The sheriff opens the door for me! Not good! That obviously means that there was a way made into our house. He said that they broke in the back door, but they never made it inside because of the alarm (thank God).

My whole take on this? I believe that this is a spiritual war! My husband and I are closer to God than we have ever been, and we are headed for a HUGE success in the Lord and I KNOW... I know the enemy is going to try to do whatever he can to shake our faith. Well devil... that was weak.

This is what else I believe... I believe that the closer your walk is with Christ, the more you will be challenged in things and the more the enemy is going to try you. I think of it like this...it's like playing football, and the guy with the ball (the quarterback) goes against all these odds, and all the devil's attackers... well along the way to get to the things of Christ, the enemy will try to tackle you by certain situations, and perhaps even certain people to get you down and to keep you from God; but you just keep running and holding on to the Word of God (the football) and you don't look back, because He has His angels working with Him and they are on your team taking the hits and blocking the enemy.

I originally named this entry "Feel Good Thursday" because I woke up at 5:10 a.m., prayed for about 22 minutes and FELT GOOD. So when I got on my computer at about 6 this morning, I created that entry title. Then as the day progressed after the incident, I was thinking... maybe I should change the title. But why? I still feel good :) because the feeling was never created from the physical, so why should I allow the physical to determine what I should rename today's title? Whatever. Good night, I'm exhausted.


“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

No comments: