Thursday, July 20, 2006

I Am Finally Free!

I quit my job yesterday and I feel soooo free! I have NEVER done ANYTHING like that before, and it felt so out of my comfort zone, so out of my element, but I knew I was doing the right thing. It's such a relief. I felt like everyday I was trying to walk through muck at work. I promise you...no one was bad at my office, there are times when we all have personal issues and personal vices that we need to deal with, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about, when God placed you there for a purpose, and now He wants you to leave...it's time to go! and when you don't go, He will make your walk difficult. And that is what was happening.

I went to a womens conference in June, and one of the women was saying that God was telling her that there is someone who is in a position at work where God has been telling you to leave and you haven't done it. She said that this person has forgotten their purpose, and this job is not their purpose. He has been telling you it's time to go, He has been showing you it's time to go, He even has allowed people over you to treat you differently, and these people don't have a real reason to treat you like this. But for some reason you are acclimating to the pressure at work and you are not leaving! While she's talking, I'm sitting there thinking, “Huh, it sure sounds eerily similar to my situation...but no, she can't be talking about me. Lord, you're going to have to call my name out on this one!”


“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7)

No comments: