Thursday, September 15, 2005

God Delivers!

This morning on my way to work, I was driving in the right lane...knowing that I need to be in the left lane to get on the interstate. Man, traffic was so bumper-to-bumper that there was no possible way for me to squeeze in front of someone. At least no possible way ‘in my power.’ So I turned off the radio and said, “Okay God, I need you right now. I need you to make a way for me to get over so I don’t miss my turn.” And I’ll be darned, if it wasn’t less than five seconds later when a man in the left lane, driving an SUV stopped at the green light that everyone in the left lane, kissing bumpers, had been waiting so eagerly for. STOP… Let me see if I can explain this correctly. The guy in the SUV, stopped at our green light to let oncoming traffic make their turn. Never mind the fact that there is a green light, and he needed to proceed on because of the angry mob behind him waiting to go. So picture him in the left lane and me in the right lane (2nd person behind a truck), both lanes needing to cross the light. The SUV is letting about two or three cars turn in front of him and now the light is turning yellow. The truck in front of me pulls off and I pull off too! By the SUV letting people cross in front of him, gave me more than enough room to cross in front of him to the left lane when the light turned yellow. I was just driving and praising God for that one, because I was sooo not picturing things happening that way. But that just reminded me not to put God in a box, because what may be our way of doing something, is not necessarily His way of doing something.

I hope you understood the story.


“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.” (1 John 4:16)

No comments: