Saturday, July 09, 2005

Hurricane Dennis Is Trippin!

Hurricane Dennis is somewhere in the south and is causing all this rain today, so we didn't get a chance to go swimming.

Anyway, last night I saw Dateline NBC and they were talking about the guy who randomly killed an entire family and kidnapped a little boy and girl (ultimately killing the boy and sexually molesting the girl). He was a sexual predator with a lot of problems. Anyway, I was reading his blog at: http://fifthnail.blogspot.com and was really taken back by the fact that this guys appears to really have love and compassion, but have allowed the demons inside of him to take over. It's a really good read of how demons use us. You should check it out.
This part in particular, I thought was intriguing : "I have been asking God to help defeat the demons. In fact, last night I was on my knees begging him, crying out loud to him, to help me. He didn't answer, again. The problem is I am loosing my religion. I don't accept anything at face value, not even my own thoughts. So when I start having religious convictions I question the source. And in my current situation I figure I am under a lot of stress, and there are perfectly natural human mechanisms that account for all religious experiences. The demons (if that's what they/it are/is--I use the term for mere convenience) have convinced me that I should at least question my religious beliefs, (this makes sense, otherwise I would believe anything) and that is how they got the key to the dungeon, and trapped me inside."


“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” (Ephesians 3:20,21) 

No comments: